Oviedo Medical Center is taking proactive measures to help ensure the health and safety of patients, caregivers, colleagues and the community. We have limited entry ways and are conducting screenings and temperature checks for everyone that comes into the facility.
With the number of confirmed coronavirus cases rising in Florida and around the nation, Oviedo Medical Center will be further limiting access into our hospital by implementing a modified visitation, effective Friday July 3, 2020 at 8pm, to help ensure that our patients, caregivers, and visitors are safe. We are monitoring the situation in close consultation with the Medical Executive Team and will continue to make adjustments based on the latest guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Florida Department of Health (FDOH), local officials and HCA Healthcare’s enterprise emergency operations center which has been operating around the clock. The heightened safety measures of limited visitation are described below:
- Inpatient Units - No visitors are permitted. Exceptions must be approved by the hospital administration and can be made for:
- End of Life
- Laboring Mothers: Birth partner/patient advocate during the entirety of the labor encounter. Consider allowing certified labor support individual on a case-by-case basis
- Confused and/or anxious patient
- One visitor is allowed per patient in the ER. Once a patient is admitted to the hospital, the visitor must leave as visitors are not allowed in inpatient areas.
- Patient advocates pre/post surgery
- Anyone under the age of 18 will not be considered for visitation unless they are the parent of a hospitalized child.
We strongly encourage families to utilize technology such as Skype, FaceTime, Duo, or other methods to communicate with family and friends during this time. Our ITG Team will be working hard this week to ensure we have tools and technology to support this process.
Visitors with respiratory systems—fever, cough or shortness of breath—or history of travel to COVID-19 affected area, or exposure to a COVID-19 positive individual, will be asked to refrain from entering the hospital. Patients seeking emergency care will enter through the ER entrance.
The front entrance will be open from 5:30am - 8pm Monday - Friday and 6am - 8pm Saturday and Sunday. The ER entrance will remain open 24/7.
We ask that all patients and visitors wear a mask in common areas.
Community events, classes and physician lectures postponed
In an effort to ensure the health and safety of our patients, visitors and our healthcare team, Oviedo Medical Center has postponed all events, lectures and classes scheduled to take place within the facility until further notice.