As an Accredited Chest Pain Center, Oviedo Medical Center's protocol-driven approach to heart care allows us to reduce time-to-treatment during the critical first stages of a heart attack. This means better care for you and your loved ones, better prognoses, better quality of life, better communication and faster treatment.
Oviedo Medical Center cares about you and your family and wants to partner with you in the fight against heart disease. Be sure to visit our Risk Assessment tool to know your risk factors.
Our diagnostic services
- Stress testing
- Cardiac catheterization
- Peripheral vascular angiography
- Renal Angiography
Non-invasive cardiac testing
Oviedo Medical Center offers a variety of non-invasive cardiology tests that are usually the first step in diagnosing a potential problem.
- Treadmill stress tests - The patient's heart is monitored while walking on a treadmill.
- Echocardiograms - An ultrasound of the heart allows the cardiologist to assess the functions of the heart.
- Electrocardiogram monitoring - The rhythm of the heart is monitored for 24 or 48 hours to detect any problems
Our cardiac catheterization lab is equipped with a specialized imaging system allowing for excellent visualization of the blood vessels of the heart. During catheterization, x-ray dye is injected into the coronary arteries to detect any blockages.
Heart attack warning signs
- Pain or tightness in the chest, arm, jaw, shoulders or upper back
- Shortness of breath, weakness, dizziness, nausea or vomiting
- Unusual onset of fatigue or discomfort in the arms, back, neck or stomach
Early heart attack care
Did you know heart attacks have beginnings? If recognized in time, these "beginnings" can be treated before the heart is damaged. Learn more about early heart attack care.
The most critical factor in the treatment of an impending heart attack is getting help quickly! If you are suffering from centralized chest discomfort or suspect that you are having a heart attack, call 911 immediately.